Most of my spare time went into this project the last couple of weeks. I've managed to get a fairly complete system running now, although it's very difficult to get all the tiny bits and pieces fit into the right place and position.
A lot of time is spent finding out stuff that has already been done by others. I'm not complaining, it's just that this work isn't as efficient as it could have been. But hey, since I'm far from a Linux guru I'm still learning a lot, and for me that's worth a good thing.
I've updated the minimal image. It can be downloaded here. The version number has gone up from 0.1 to 0.3.
Same instructions apply as before, so read all the details here. I hope to fix a few other things soon, like sound, automatic Xserver rotation, brightness adjustment, right mouse click simulation, easy wireless network configuration, the hardware clock and other things I've forgotten right now.
One good thing is my experience with Xfce. I like it, it looks good and the performance is better than I expected.
If you're going to use this in Qemu, make sure you rename /etc/keymap-2.6.map temporarily, since you don't want to use the Zaurus keyboard mapping in Qemu.
[ 10 comments ] ( 339 views ) | permalink | ( 3 / 1336 )